Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Start Spreadin' the News..."

Tomorrow is the big day. For the first time, I'll be stepping foot in New York and and moving into an 8 ft. x 10 ft. room on the 17th floor of a residence hall in the village. Luckily, I have my own room and bathroom because I'll be meeting enough "interesting" people anywhere I turn in New York. New York City...the sound of it still makes me think of some foreign country. I have all of the stereotyped images in my head: steam rising from the streets, yellow cabs crammed in every lane and honking because they can, too many tourists (like me i guess) going to see the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building, and so on. I know I may see some or all of those things, but I'm expecting the unexpected. Anything could happen, and that's probably the biggest reason why this HUGE 7 week adventure is one of the most thrilling I've had in a while.

For those of you who don't know, I'm going to be participating in a 6 week musical theatre conservatory summer progam called CAP21. I have class from 10AM-6PM every day, with 2-3 hours of dance a day #sicem! (Can you even use hashtags in a blog? If not, I'll just break that rule when I feel appropriate.) The only thing is that the dance wear brings a whole new meaning to the word personal space...if you know what I mean. If you don't...consider yourself lucky. There are about 40 people in the program from what I can tell, and apparently this year I am on the younger side of the spectrum. I'll be blogging about anything I think is noteworthy from my days at CAP, whether it's something I learn in class, something I see in a show, or some crazy experience I have. Expect some cheesy lines to fall into my posts, because if you know me...you know I'm pretty good at the cheese factor. I mean...just look at the title of this post. ORIGINAL...i know. Get excited.

Back to tomorrow, I'll take a 4 hour flight tomorrow morning to LaGuardia with a girl named Cara Lippitt, another person from Colorado (she goes to DU) who will be doing CAP with me! Phew! We met last week for lunch and we hit it off really well. If this is any indicator of things to come, I'm even more excited. Then it's just a cab ride to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and to my new room and I'll be set! But I can't get ahead of myself. I'm packed and checked into my flight. The annoying thing? Now I have very little to wear until tomorrow. You know that awkward moment before a long trip, right? Anyway, I think I'll survive. Here's to a last night in Colorado until August!

No comments:

Post a Comment